I love food, I love clothes

I love food, I love clothes

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Painting on Frosting, that's not royal icing.

Painting on frosting that is not royal icing.

Almost a million years ago I interned for a very famous cake artist. I loved every minute of working for free for her, true story. She is a very generous teacher and so talented. Learning how to paint on cakes that have been covered in fondant and royal icing was a blast. I love doing it. BUT I hate fondant, it tastes like ass. Another true story.

Fast forward present day, I have created a frosting recipe that you can paint on (using luster dust and lemon extract or vodka, I will let you guess which one I use) for the "paint" mixture, just as if it was royal icing and or fondant.



Albeit the frosting is WAY more fragile then royal icing and fondant it is WAY more tastier.
That's right folks, that is gold painted FROSTING.
Its a frosting miracle

No comments:

Post a Comment