I love food, I love clothes

I love food, I love clothes

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Royal Icing sans the salmonella

Royal Icing, sans the salmonella

Watch it here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbDDkaRI3IM


Make it here;
1 lb (4 cups powdered sugar, what we in the biz call 10x, cuz its been sifted 10 times, get it?) 
1/4 cup meringue powder 
1/2 cold water


Mix the meringue powder along with the 1/2 cup of water in a standing mixer, (for me it's my trusty kitchen aide) beat until peaks form. Add 4 cups of sifted (you only have to sift if you are using a container of powdered sugar that has already been open, if it is a sealed unopened bag, there isn't a need to sift, which I love) powdered sugar to the meringue and beat to desired consistency. You may have to add either more water or powdered sugar depending upon what you want to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment