I love food, I love clothes

I love food, I love clothes

Monday, January 14, 2013

I love, love, love chocolate chip cookies, I love making them, I love eating the dough and I will even put up with the guilt and shame that runs through my veins while eating said dough cuz its just so damn good. Washed down with a diet coke, just what mommy needs. 
I just cant seem to get off of that damn diet coke...
              
For me, the perfect chocolate chip cookie has just the slightest crisp on the outside and is soft and mushy on the inside, preferably with the chocolate chips just melted enough to be gooey. If this not the kind of  chocolate chip cookie that you like, well tough shit. Look elsewhere... I say that with so much love. 

I made this video a couple of years ago, eeh gads! Its hard for me to watch because I have since lost 50 pounds. But the video and recipe are still just as good. Its a cold, cloudy, somewhat rainy day here in NYC, hence, the perfect day to make chocolate chip cookies, now go forth and let me know how your cookies turn out. 

              Cheers!

Sugarlovingfashionista's chocolate chip cookies

2/3 cup butter unsalted at room temp
2/3 cup shortening, dont be afraid, Whole Foods carries the good stuff 
(Spectrum, it's an organic Palm Oil that is free of any trans fat)
3/4  cup granulated sugar
1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs room temp
2 tsp Vanilla extract
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup ground up (to almost a fine powder) walnuts

Sift the flour, Baking Soda and Salt in a bowl.
In another bowl, for me it is my beloved Kitchen Aide bowl, cream together the shortening and butter till it resembles a cloud. Add the sugars and beat it some more getting some more of that cloud action. For about 5 minutes. True Story.
Add eggs one at a time till mixed well and cloud like
Add vanilla and mix some more!
Add the dry ingredients along with the chocolate chips JUST UNTIL MIXED! In fact, its ok if you see some streaks of flour, in fact, its great.  Any more mixing and you will build up the gluten. Gluten + Bread = Good   Gluten + Chocolate Chip Cookies = very very bad

Scoop onto un-greased cookies sheets and bake at 375 degrees
Check at 8 minutes, if they look like they could use another couple of minutes, take them out. They will continue to cook even after you have taken them out of the oven.

You can also freeze some of your cookie dough balls and bake as needed.
Bow down and recognize!

1 comment:

  1. Thecookies are fabulous. Now please tell me more about losing the 50 pounds. (I'm assuming that these cookies are not, alas, part of the program.)

    ReplyDelete