I love food, I love clothes

I love food, I love clothes

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I just baked off a tray of chocolate chip cookie dough that I had in my freezer from when I made a bowl  full of my emotions (my emotions are made of various sweet things to eat such as chocolate chip cookie dough to name one...) 
I just have to say, eating a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven is something everyone should get to enjoy, it's truly a moment. 
The recipe that I use calls for a higher content of brown sugar to granulated sugar and it really lends almost a smokey caramel note to the chocolate chip cookie and there is NOTHING wrong with that. 
I also use a combination of shortening (its organic from Whole Foods so I feel totally justified in using it) and unsalted butter, in doing this, the shortening and butter mixture really combines magically and leaves just a hint of saltiness to the baked cookies. Oh sweet love of Buddha, go forth and bake I say! Go forth, bake and eat!  



                                                           
 You'll notice the soft melted chocolate chips and the gooey center from just slightly under baking the cookies, keeps 'em soft and moist. (I really don't care for the word moist but at the moment I just can't think of another adjective to describe this cookie perfection)
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment