I love food, I love clothes

I love food, I love clothes

Friday, June 17, 2011

Hey Brad! Meet me in St. Louis, with a fork!

I am sure that just like me, your head is swimming with questions such as; "Will Arnie spend this upcoming Fathers day with his house-keeper and their love-child?" "Will Hugh Hefner find true love with a new blonde fetus after his current one dumped him just days before their wedding?" His now ex-blondebot released a statement saying "that after much deep reflection and thought" she should not get married.
Hmm, that just begs the question, just how much deep reflection and thought can one have just moments after exiting the birthing canal?

Anyhoo, with all these news worthy events happening and my bum arm keeping me from cooking, I thought I should keep myself busy with things that I can do with mostly my one good arm. Right away, I thought of making a Gooey Butter Cake. What is a Gooey Butter Cake? IT'S WONDERFUL!!! Anything that has Gooey and Butter in its name, has me at its whim.

Missouri has blessed this world with many great things. Off the top of my head, here are a few; Brad Pitt, my dear friend Amy, BBQ and Gooey Butter Cake.
I wont lie, my left arm (the one with the fractured shoulder) is shaking like crazy now and somewhat in pain, making Gooey Butter Cake is worth it.

You will need to go and get these ingredients;

photo.jpg


1 - vanilla cake mix (I prefer French Vanilla by Duncan Hines) Thats right, cake mix. Don't be a snob.
5 Large Eggs
1 - 8 oz package cream cheese
1 - tsp Vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
1 stick butter, melted and cooled
The juice from 2 lemons (optional really but oh so yummy!)

Mix the cake mix with the melted butter, 3 eggs and vanilla extract and then mix it very, very, very well. You want no lumps in the batter.

photo.jpg

Spread the batter into a 9x13 baking dish that has been greased up with Pam or shortening, whatever suits you best.

Put the cream cheese in the microwave for 45 seconds. My microwave has mad skills so I only had to put it in for 25 seconds, you want it soft and gooey. You know your microwave best, do what works best for you.
Add to that;
3 1/2 cups of the powdered sugar
2 eggs
lemon juice

photo.jpg

Now mix this up till it looks like this;

photo.jpg

Now pour this gooey mixture over the cake batter and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 - 30 minutes. Its VERY important NOT to over bake or under bake. When you shake the pan it should jiggle like jello and look like this;

photo.jpg

Now let it cool and once it's cooled, sprinkle the rest of the powdered sugar all over it. Then put it in your fridge for at least an hour. Then buckle up, you are in for a wild gooey ride and everyone around you will celebrate your culinary masterpiece!!!

photo.jpg

Gooey Butter Cake is so good it will make you forget all about the life struggles that Arnie and Hugh are going through and just what will they do next?






































No comments:

Post a Comment